LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
-
Toys N Bricks
- Administrator

- Posts: 668
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am
LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
If you are from the Vancouver BC area, there is a very cool LEGO event going on at Aberdeen Centre. Starting today until September 3rd, you can check out the LEGO Hong Kong Skyline including Iconic Victoria Harbour built by 13 LEGO Certified Professionals. Robin Sather, the only Canadian LEGO Certified Building Professional will also be there. There are also other cool stuff going on so do check it out during the long weekend.
Special Promotions and Raffle
Win an inclusive family package for 4 where you can travel to Hong Kong for free (no purchase neccessary)
Free Limited Edition LEGO Snap n Stack Photo Brick with a $25 purchase at the mall (while supplies last)
Brief History
China surrendered Hong Kong to Britian due to losing in the Battle of the Opium War
British Ruled for 156 years from 1841-1997; returned to China during the 1997 handover
Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-hong-kong-e ... mmer-2012/
Special Promotions and Raffle
Win an inclusive family package for 4 where you can travel to Hong Kong for free (no purchase neccessary)
Free Limited Edition LEGO Snap n Stack Photo Brick with a $25 purchase at the mall (while supplies last)
Brief History
China surrendered Hong Kong to Britian due to losing in the Battle of the Opium War
British Ruled for 156 years from 1841-1997; returned to China during the 1997 handover
Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-hong-kong-e ... mmer-2012/
- Legobrandon
- Count

- Posts: 1763
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
Re: LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
Pumped up for Monday since I'm helping with the Skyline build with Robin. Getting volunteer hours for school + doing something you love= WIN!

Re: LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
What is a "snap n stack photo brick"?
- Legobrandon
- Count

- Posts: 1763
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
Re: LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
I'm guessing it is some cheaply made photo frame in the shape of a LEGO brick. Similar to this:sidersdd wrote:What is a "snap n stack photo brick"?
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=852460-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EDIT: Here is a clearer image of the frame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
They look ok. Wonder how big they r?
- Legobrandon
- Count

- Posts: 1763
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
Re: LEGO Hong Kong Event (Vancouver, Canada)
Display is nearly finished, just a bit of detailing here and there and we are done! I'm going to get some closeup photos of the buildings on Monday and post them here, if anyone is interested.
I had an amazing time working with Robin and a few people from the local LUG popped in and helped out as well. I was at the mall every single day and enjoyed every minute.
I learned a lot of LEGO techniques and interesting uses of parts. Searching through dozens and dozens of boxes full of bulk LEGO is a dream.I was finally able to try out some cool techniques that I see on Flickr a lot that I wasn't able to since the parts weren't readily available.
I had an amazing time working with Robin and a few people from the local LUG popped in and helped out as well. I was at the mall every single day and enjoyed every minute.
I learned a lot of LEGO techniques and interesting uses of parts. Searching through dozens and dozens of boxes full of bulk LEGO is a dream.I was finally able to try out some cool techniques that I see on Flickr a lot that I wasn't able to since the parts weren't readily available.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
