Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
I just bought three Technic sets with the buy-2, get-1-free sale without any negotiation - it just rang up that way. This was also the case for me in previous years of the sale. [Northern California]
-
turtle1173
- Knight

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am
- Location: Southern Missouri
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
I've never had any trouble buying multiples in store either. It's frustrating however when you want to buy multiples of "online only" items since they limit you to a single item on the website.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
Do you mean three of the same Technic sets? Because you wouldn't be able to "get one free" if you weren't able to pick out three different Technic sets.krispy wrote:I just bought three Technic sets with the buy-2, get-1-free sale without any negotiation - it just rang up that way.
Regardless, you can purchase any amount of items in-store and it will ring up as matching - three $50 sets, get one free, three $40, get one free, etc. It's actually really great that they do that, as it would be easy for them to just take off the cheapest sets per their "of equal or lesser value" clause.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
I didn't know they have a limit as the store. I bought 27 minifigs and it wasn't an issue. I did see a mom tag team cleaning out 4 shopping carts of lego. That was awesome.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
I have never seen any limit on lego in my local TRU. They are happy to sell it to you if u want it. I think the online limits are just to make it a little more difficult for the hoarders to scoop up everything big, but it still makes it more difficult for everyone...I understand why they do it...doesn't mean I like it either, but I don't have a better answer, and apparantly TRU doesn't either!
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
The only time I've ever heard of anyone having any issue buying multiple items during a sale (be they same set or different ones) is my buddy in Oregon who owns a brick and motor 2nd hand Lego store... And they obviously knew he was some of the competition in the area... Even then still didn't make sense since your clearing their inventory.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
I think the online limits are more so people don't take major advantage of free shipping in addition to the discount. The more people order the heavier the package(s) will be, the more expensive the shipping will be for TRU - that kind of math depletes the profit margin pretty quickly.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
not true. free shipping capped at $20. i ordered 2 ds playset and had to pay for shipping out of pocket.vynsane wrote:I think the online limits are more so people don't take major advantage of free shipping in addition to the discount. The more people order the heavier the package(s) will be, the more expensive the shipping will be for TRU - that kind of math depletes the profit margin pretty quickly.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
Ah, then I guess it's just to quell the hoarders, as pumbaugh said.
Re: Toys R Us stores are not inforcing item limit for B2G1F
Just because it's capped out at $20 doesn't mean it doesn't bite pretty hard into their profit... Especially on top of discounts...I'm sure that's part of their reasoning... Maybe not all of it (like hoping people don't maximize the discount as well.). I used to manage retail and the profit margins are NOT great.
For further addition to the line of reasoning.... Notice TRU doesn't carry most of those high value targets in their b&m stores and stores have very low amounts of inventory of sets that are high value... So it's not just one thing it's a combo of em, but they all add up to tru trying to save as much of their profit as possible.
For further addition to the line of reasoning.... Notice TRU doesn't carry most of those high value targets in their b&m stores and stores have very low amounts of inventory of sets that are high value... So it's not just one thing it's a combo of em, but they all add up to tru trying to save as much of their profit as possible.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


