LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
Anyone else go to the LEGO Family Building Event today at Toys R Us? I went to the one in Appleton WI with my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter.
We got there when they were setting up, so I had time to chat with the employee running it. Apparently LEGO only sent the store a giant box of Yellow 2x4 bricks. That's it. Luckily they had a box of bricks left from the last Ninjago event, so at least that gave the kids more than one type and color of brick to build with. Having played Creationary, I know how hard it can be to build with limited color and parts selections, so I'm not really sure I understand what LEGO was thinking on this one.
Anyone else with similar experiences today?
We got there when they were setting up, so I had time to chat with the employee running it. Apparently LEGO only sent the store a giant box of Yellow 2x4 bricks. That's it. Luckily they had a box of bricks left from the last Ninjago event, so at least that gave the kids more than one type and color of brick to build with. Having played Creationary, I know how hard it can be to build with limited color and parts selections, so I'm not really sure I understand what LEGO was thinking on this one.
Anyone else with similar experiences today?
-
turtle1173
- Knight

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am
- Location: Southern Missouri
Re: LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
It was terrible! Last year my whole family had a blast. All sorts of pieces and we built all kinds of fun stuff. This year... 25 yellow bricks each. Draw a card and see if you can build what it says using all 25 pieces. My son almost cried he was so disappointed. The ninjago builds have been rather disappointing but this was even worse than that. We spent the entire 2 hours building last year. This time they scooted us along after about 10 minutes. But, wow, we got to keep the 25 bricks!! Ok, done ranting now.
-
jsnweitzel
- Honored Citizen

- Posts: 141
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm
Re: LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
Did anyone post anything about this before the event? If there was a post I must have missed it. I didn't know TRU was having an event this weekend. I'd much prefer to read a post telling me what's coming up instead of reading a post about something that's happened and I didn't know about it. :x
If you don't see a thread about an event you know is coming, start one! I don't look at TRU or other store ads unless there's something specific I'm shopping for. :x
It sounds like the event sucked but our store may have been different and could have been something for my son and I to do today.
If you don't see a thread about an event you know is coming, start one! I don't look at TRU or other store ads unless there's something specific I'm shopping for. :x
It sounds like the event sucked but our store may have been different and could have been something for my son and I to do today.
Re: LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
this thing sucked.
yellow 2X4 what you suppose to build with those?
My daughter built something, but i was thoroughly disappointed.
Why even have an event if this is what you get to build with?
Epic fail.

yellow 2X4 what you suppose to build with those?
My daughter built something, but i was thoroughly disappointed.
Why even have an event if this is what you get to build with?
Epic fail.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!
Re: LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
although NJ store only had the yellow 2x4 bricks as well, we were able to get a few hundred of them, imo a successful trip!
Re: LEGO Family Building Event at TRU
Sorry. I think I first found out about it when I went into the TRU store for the BOGO50% sale on Wednesday. It was also in the email I received on Thursday from TRU for that sale. I really wasn't online much last week. Plenty of people posted about the sale, but I don't recall seeing any posts about this event on any of the various LEGO blogs, forums, or sites.jsnweitzel wrote:Did anyone post anything about this before the event?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

