What sets have sold out before they were ever discounted?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

What sets have sold out before they were ever discounted?

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:47 pm

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this topic. But I'm curious what sets have sold out before they could be discounted by any vendor? I know that some of the modular city buildings are among the list but I'm not sure what else. I don't have the best memory for this type of thing, but it seems like a patient person can get most sets just a little bit cheaper.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2285
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: What sets have sold out before they were ever discounted

Post by Ice » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 pm

If you don't count sales that brings the price back to MSRP, 7666 Hoth Rebel Base would be one of them. It was sold out within a few months of release just prior to Christmas. ToysRUs was cracy with their prices on that set with $5 price increase each week.

When LEGO re-released the set, ToysRUs did have a sale. However, because of their markups, it only brought it back down to MSRP.

User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: What sets have sold out before they were ever discounted

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 am

You're going to be basically looking at Star Wars sets here if you don't regard the modular buildings. Star Wars sets are usually high demand/low supply and Toys R Us almost never puts them on sale. A lot of the Star Wars exclusives to Toys R Us sell out quickly and just don't get put on sale.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: What sets have sold out before they were ever discounted

Post by sadowsk1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 pm

I think the creator holiday winter toy shop sold out last year before it ever was on sale too.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests