Large Atlantis Sets

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Large Atlantis Sets

Post by Zeya » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Is the set 7985 City of Atlantis only available in Europe right now? Also looking at Brickset, 7984 Seabed Strider looks like it's not available here either.

Luciant
Count
Count
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by Luciant » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Not sure about this one Yoda.... I think this Atlantis set is a UK Exclusive... I don't see Lego holding 1 Atlantis set for release on it's own late in the year... If it were multiple sets, I would say yes.

As for the Seabed Strider, I have a set or two, and know I've seen them in my local TRU here in Pensacola, FL. They are also available at S@H http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... d%253D2057

I'm hoping I'm wrong about the City of Atlantis as it looks pretty cool, and I really like the Atlantis theme..
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:50 am

Actually City of Atlantis and Deep sea raider are set for August release in the States
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Luciant
Count
Count
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by Luciant » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Didn't see that other set... nice. Surprised they are willing to put out only 2 sets for the theme then. Especially almost a year after it was released in the UK, but hey, not complaining if they eventually come to this side of the pond... don't have to pay the ebay markup and exchange rate.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Luciant wrote:Didn't see that other set... nice. Surprised they are willing to put out only 2 sets for the theme then. Especially almost a year after it was released in the UK, but hey, not complaining if they eventually come to this side of the pond... don't have to pay the ebay markup and exchange rate.
this pic from toy fair says coming in August.
So they will be with summer release sets, perhaps showing up in July.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/54 ... otostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by Zeya » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Thank you ncbarrett. I'll just have to wait until August then. Which is fine because POTC and Kingdoms are going to hit the wallet hard as it is.

What does "TV Nov-Dec" mean, I wonder? Are they making little CG movies like they died with clutch powers or whatever that was?

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Large Atlantis Sets

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:51 am

Zeya wrote:..
What does "TV Nov-Dec" mean, I wonder? Are they making little CG movies like they died with clutch powers or whatever that was?
Sure seems like some kind of cartoon, perhaps like the ninjago cartoons.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests