Rebate site discussions

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Texas

Rebate site discussions

Post by mrfootball » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

I see that AMEX has 3X Points if you purchase via their Rewards link to the Lego shop...Anyone know of any cashback deals?

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:48 am

Rebate site discussions

Post by cbaker1974 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 am

mrfootball wrote:I see that AMEX has 3X Points if you purchase via their Rewards link to the Lego shop...Anyone know of any cashback deals?
I used morerebates back in early January for 4% cashback rebate on a few things (maybe 5 purchases) from S@H and been credited for every one of them so far...although it takes a couple of months to get the rebate check. That plus the VIP points essentially defrays the shipping and tax depending on where you live.

themarshall
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by themarshall » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Starting in March I believe they double the reward zone points, that's about 10% off (for future purchases.) That's how I bought mine. Still in the closet for the kids, just bought it because it was ~10% off (last November I believe) free shipping and I was afraid they'd pull it.

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by cstojano » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:25 pm

mrfootball wrote:I see that AMEX has 3X Points if you purchase via their Rewards link to the Lego shop...Anyone know of any cashback deals?
Do you have a link to this Rewards link? I couldn't find it on their site. Also does this count for Lego Store purchases made with an AMEX card?

thanks in advance

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by mrfootball » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:14 pm

When you login to your Amex account, click on Rewards, then look for Earn Points (i.e. 3X)...you can type in "Lego" for the Retailer search and pull up the Lego Shop-at-Home that way. You can then click through the link and make your purchase online with your Amex and earn 3X points.

You don't get the 3X if you buy in-store, unfortunately.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by natelite » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:20 am

3x reward is just 3%. Just saying. I would go for a regular cashback site like RR and settle for 1% from Amex. Assuming it's higher than 2% of course! It's not that hard to score > 2% cb.

cstojano
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by cstojano » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:20 pm

3x points on a 1000 dollar purchase is roughly a 25 dollar gift card (plus an extra 500 points) from AMEX. I remain dubious of these rewards point sites. I know other have had good luck with them but I am still waiting on points to post from mrrebates.com from before Xmas. They technicallu have a few more days before the 90 days is past due. BUT I swear I have orders not showing up. I suspect I click through their link, and then another coupon code is used that wipes out that rebate or something, free shipping, 30% off deals, etc. I don't know.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Texas

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by mrfootball » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Ebates is great! Simple, fast, and they get right back to you confirming your ebate check.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am

Re: The demise of Death Star 10188?

Post by natelite » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 pm

cstojano wrote:3x points on a 1000 dollar purchase is roughly a 25 dollar gift card (plus an extra 500 points) .
And 3x points on a $10000 purchase is $250 gc and 5000 extra points. And 3x points on a $100000 purchase is a $2500 gc and 50000 extra points. So what is your point exactly?

Are you inferring that a rebate check for >$25 is somehow inferior to your $25 gc from amex?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests