Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
-
peanut
- Knight

- Posts: 464
- Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:17 pm
- Location: Washington state
Post
by peanut » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm
#40019 Sea Monster poly bag
LEGO has these in-store in the USA @ $4.99

-
legitimatealex
- Count

- Posts: 1636
- Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
- Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Post
by legitimatealex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am
Is it just me or are the polybags getting more expensive as the year goes on?
-
Luciant
- Count

- Posts: 1168
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm
- Location: Pensacola, FL
Post
by Luciant » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 am
I was thinking the same thing... $5 for a set that doesn't even connect together?
Then I realized the # of pieces... they try to stick to our the $0.10 USD PPP point, so this set is $.08.
That is my explanation at least.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
-
legohunter
- Count

- Posts: 1304
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am
- Location: Canada
Post
by legohunter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 am
At this price, the bag should at least come with a mini-fig.
-
legohunter
- Count

- Posts: 1304
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am
- Location: Canada
Post
by legohunter » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:27 am
Luciant wrote:I was thinking the same thing... $5 for a set that doesn't even connect together?
Then I realized the # of pieces... they try to stick to our the $0.10 USD PPP point, so this set is $.08.
That is my explanation at least.
However, this bag comes with lots of tiny pieces.
-
natelite
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 850
- Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am
Post
by natelite » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:18 am
Tiny pieces = get them from the pab selection in stores. Jam them in the bucket. You can get close to 1k if you are meticulous in your stacking.
-
Brick & Blue
- Count

- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
- Location: USA
Post
by Brick & Blue » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 am
I like the set, it has 2x2 with the center stud in green, that's new, and a wide amount of cheese slopes in different colors. Green eyes might also be new.
However the set really should only be $4. I'll hope it goes on sale after Easter like all the other holiday sets did.
-
Mantisking
- Top Forum Contributor

- Posts: 2220
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
- Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
-
Contact:
Post
by Mantisking » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am
peanut wrote:#40019 Sea Monster poly bag
LEGO has these in-store in the USA @ $4.99
Hmmnn, cool bits in useful colors, worth it.
legitimatealex wrote:Is it just me or are the polybags getting more expensive as the year goes on?
Enh. It comes out to $0.09 per part so it's not overpriced by my math.
-
kevin93
- Honored Citizen

- Posts: 180
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm
- Location: THE USA
Post
by kevin93 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:11 pm
Mantisking wrote:legitimatealex wrote:Is it just me or are the polybags getting more expensive as the year goes on?
Enh. It comes out to $0.09 per part so it's not overpriced by my math.
I feel its increasing each year. Used to be $2.99 which is less than impulse sets ($3.49). Then impulse sets went up to $3.99 and polybags went to $3.49. Now both polybags and impulse are the same price.
-
Luciant
- Count

- Posts: 1168
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm
- Location: Pensacola, FL
Post
by Luciant » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:46 pm
legohunter wrote:At this price, the bag should at least come with a mini-fig.
I COMPLETELY agree.. I think that is why I'm more upset about it... increase price and don't bother to include a Mini? That was what made the poly's worth the money paid for them...
Dunno why they keep increasing the price of them tho... no one is going to pay more than $5 for a poly set... especially without a minifig.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
-
ncbarrett
- Retired Staff

- Posts: 2295
- Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
- Location: SE MI USA
Post
by ncbarrett » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 am
Luciant wrote:......
Dunno why they keep increasing the price of them tho... no one is going to pay more than $5 for a poly set... especially without a minifig.
Depends on the set.

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests