Year of Release: 2010
MRSP: $1.99 (USD) $2.99 (CAN)
The collectible mini fig craze continues with series 2, a more widely available wave than series 1, of which I was only able to acquire about half. Series 2 had some really nice figures in it, and was in my opinion, a very nice set.
I don't have any of the original packaging left, but I do have the insert that comes with them. It shows each of the figures, with accessories. On the back is some kind of mix and match game or something. I'm not quite sure what its purpose it, but my daughter enjoys it.

On to the figures:
Up first, is el Mariachi, or Mr Maracas. I really like this guy, his hat is nice, and the cape is unique. He comes with 3 maracas (I guess in case one gets lost).

Next we have the most sought after of all series 2, the Spartan. He comes with cape, shield, spear and helmet. He looks fantastic, but not without flaws. The leg painting is not very good, and you can clearly see breaks in the painting along the corners of his legs. Its not a huge flaw, but it is noticeable.

Next is the ringmaster. He comes with a white whip. He looks like hes about to take on a lion or something with that facial expression. Not much to say about this guy, to me, he's just filler.

Number 4 is the which. She has a broom, a sloped dress piece instead of legs, and really nice green face. The details on her body are good too. I kind of wish she had come with a black cat, but otherwise, I like her.

The Vampire. He comes with a bat and a rather complicated to install cape. Once you get the cape figured out, he's a very nice looking vampire. If I had any complaints, it would just be that he could look scarier. Maybe that's just me though.

Next up is the traffic cop. He comes with a pair of handcuffs and ticket. I assume from the helmet that he is a motorcycle cop. He's ok, and combined with the Indian Chief from series 3, you're half way to forming the Village People.

The next person on the list is the Adventurer. He comes with a magnifying glass and binoculars (he also came with a spare binoculars not pictured). He reminds me of the guy from old Adventurers line, only not as cool.

The lifeguard, aka "Pamela Anderson". She comes with a flotation device. The hairpiece is the best part about this minifigure, as it goes down into a pony tail that is quite long.

"I hate Mimes! They are the reason I left France!" (That's a quote from the old show 'Newhart", it was hilarious, but I digress). Ah, the much maligned Mime. He comes with 3 different heads, used to reflect his different moods. The beret is quite nice though, so show the Mime some love and take him home! :)

The weightlifter. Another filler figure IMHO. He comes with a barbell, which is actually well designed. His outfit however....

The popstar. She comes with 2 microphones (I assume one is a spare.) I like the detailing on her outfit, and the hair piece is nice. She unfortunately reminds me of this person I went to teachers college with who would get drunk as a skunk and then do karaoke, which she stank at.

The skier. Comes with skis and ski poles (plus one extra pole) which are very nice. Red hands (gloves) are also a nice feature. Otherwise, not much to say.

Mr Disco aka Disco Stu. One of my favorites. He is so much a stereotype of the 70's. He comes with a disco record (it says "Brick Fever" on it) and has a really awesome Afro hair cut. The purple arms totally make the whole figure.

The karate master is next. He comes with two trophies (one is a spare I assume) and a nice karate outfit and a hair style that also reminds me of the 70's. A very nice figure.

The surfer. A very nice representation of a Beach Boy. The surf board is sized well, and the surfer has windswept hair and a very impressive 6 pack of abs. My only complaint would be the legs. They are painted on the front and the sides, but not the back. That is just so wrong. Otherwise, a nice figure.

Last, but certainly not least, the Pharaoh. He comes with a golden staff that is very accurate looking, and an Egyptian crown/head piece. The outfit is very detailed as well. This, along with the Spartan are must haves for me.

The whole gang posing together. While some of them didn't really excite me, none of them were so bad that I would be embarrassed to display them.

Final thoughts. As you all know, the collectibles were made in China, so they don't have the same color and look as "regular" minifigs, and some of the paint jobs look a bit off, but unless you are playing hard with these, I don't think you'll notice a big difference. This series was the last to feature the individual bar codes, which made completing your collection a lot easier, and they were the last to be priced at $1.99 in the States. I give this series a 9/10.


