Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Scooby minifigure guide for completist
I was unsure of which sets to buy to get different variations. For instance I noticed there was 3x different Scooby figures... Scooby with goggles, Scooby sitting and Scooby standing/walking. Actually upon closer inspection it appears there are THREE different HEADS (not 2).
Also I wanted to know if there were different variations of Shaggy and Daphne in different sets. I knew Shaggy had at least 2 different shirts. But is his face different in each. So I used checked the Design IDs for parts in Brickset and in LEGO Bricks & Pieces (those are the five digit numbers that I use in this post). If I provided the Design ID then I did check Brickset and Bricks & Pieces for the information. If I did not provide a Design ID it is only based upon my visual inspection of images.
Here are my findings...
Fred: Mystery Machine only
Velma: Mystery Mansion only
Daphne:
- 2 sets (Mansion and Lighthouse)
- Hairpiece (22873)
- Head (22875)
- Torso (76382)
- Leg assembly (22879)
-Appears to be the exact same minifig with no variations?
For the visual people out there (like myself) this may be best for Shaggy and Scooby (at the end is the written notes used to create the visuals)
Shaggy has a double sided head. There are 2 different heads (total of 4 different expressions). All photo's were taken from LEGO Bricks & Pieces except for the most frightened (design ID 21665) which is a detail from a photograph used in a review by Huw at Brickset http://brickset.com/article/15836/revie ... um-mystery and the frowning expression is my own from the Mystery Machine set.
Shaggy:
- Hair (I'm assuming there are no variations)
- Head (2 variations)
- - - Design ID 22384 in Mystery Mansion, Haunted Lighthouse and The Mystery Machine
- - - Design ID 21665 (alternate is more scared) in Mystery Plane Adventures and Mummy Museum Mystery
Torso (I'm assuming the only variation is in Haunted Lighthouse)
So.. with Shaggy I didn't check the design ID for the hair, legs and torso (visual inspection of pictures only)
- - Mystery Mansion and The Mystery Machine are the SAME MINIFIGURE?
- - Mystery Plane Adventures and Mummy Museum Mystery are the SAME MINIFIGURE?
- - Haunted Lighthouse has an EXCLUSIVE TORSO but the same head as the Mansion and Mystery Machine
So.. with Shaggy we have 3x variations?
Scooby:
- Head (3x variations)
- - - Design ID 21648 in Mystery Mansion and the Mummy Museum Mystery
- - - Design ID 22382 in Haunted Lighthouse and the Mystery Machine
- - - Design ID 22349 in Mystery Plane Adventures (goggles)
- Body (2x variations)
- - - Design ID 21649 (walking) in Mansion, Mystery Machine and Mummy Museum Mystery
- - - Design ID 22367 (sitting) in Haunted Lighthouse and Mystery Plane
My brain hurts...
Basically with Scooby we have 3 heads and two bodies. Have fun mixing them up to make different combinations.
I hope this has helped someone.
Also I wanted to know if there were different variations of Shaggy and Daphne in different sets. I knew Shaggy had at least 2 different shirts. But is his face different in each. So I used checked the Design IDs for parts in Brickset and in LEGO Bricks & Pieces (those are the five digit numbers that I use in this post). If I provided the Design ID then I did check Brickset and Bricks & Pieces for the information. If I did not provide a Design ID it is only based upon my visual inspection of images.
Here are my findings...
Fred: Mystery Machine only
Velma: Mystery Mansion only
Daphne:
- 2 sets (Mansion and Lighthouse)
- Hairpiece (22873)
- Head (22875)
- Torso (76382)
- Leg assembly (22879)
-Appears to be the exact same minifig with no variations?
For the visual people out there (like myself) this may be best for Shaggy and Scooby (at the end is the written notes used to create the visuals)
Shaggy has a double sided head. There are 2 different heads (total of 4 different expressions). All photo's were taken from LEGO Bricks & Pieces except for the most frightened (design ID 21665) which is a detail from a photograph used in a review by Huw at Brickset http://brickset.com/article/15836/revie ... um-mystery and the frowning expression is my own from the Mystery Machine set.
Shaggy:
- Hair (I'm assuming there are no variations)
- Head (2 variations)
- - - Design ID 22384 in Mystery Mansion, Haunted Lighthouse and The Mystery Machine
- - - Design ID 21665 (alternate is more scared) in Mystery Plane Adventures and Mummy Museum Mystery
Torso (I'm assuming the only variation is in Haunted Lighthouse)
So.. with Shaggy I didn't check the design ID for the hair, legs and torso (visual inspection of pictures only)
- - Mystery Mansion and The Mystery Machine are the SAME MINIFIGURE?
- - Mystery Plane Adventures and Mummy Museum Mystery are the SAME MINIFIGURE?
- - Haunted Lighthouse has an EXCLUSIVE TORSO but the same head as the Mansion and Mystery Machine
So.. with Shaggy we have 3x variations?
Scooby:
- Head (3x variations)
- - - Design ID 21648 in Mystery Mansion and the Mummy Museum Mystery
- - - Design ID 22382 in Haunted Lighthouse and the Mystery Machine
- - - Design ID 22349 in Mystery Plane Adventures (goggles)
- Body (2x variations)
- - - Design ID 21649 (walking) in Mansion, Mystery Machine and Mummy Museum Mystery
- - - Design ID 22367 (sitting) in Haunted Lighthouse and Mystery Plane
My brain hurts...
Basically with Scooby we have 3 heads and two bodies. Have fun mixing them up to make different combinations.
I hope this has helped someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Great charts, now it's very clear i will need a light house or a plane to get a sitting Scooby-Doo. ..i was hoping to get away with just two sets, but the mansio.n plus the mystery machine won't get me my sitting scoob
-
Brick & Blue
- Count

- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Thanks! This is very helpful. I love all the sets, just don't have the money for them.
-
Richard J.
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Great guide and so far accurate to my purchases. I'm still hunting for the Mansion and Plane sets but the others are mine and they are awesome. The Light House is especially cool.
Any hints about Lego doing more "Scooby Doo" theme sets in the future? It would be awesome to get minifigures of the villains out of costume and some more classic characters. Maybe a few variations for Fred, Velma, and Daphne? I personally would love to get a Velma head with a hair bow like she had in "Mystery Incorporated."
Any hints about Lego doing more "Scooby Doo" theme sets in the future? It would be awesome to get minifigures of the villains out of costume and some more classic characters. Maybe a few variations for Fred, Velma, and Daphne? I personally would love to get a Velma head with a hair bow like she had in "Mystery Incorporated."
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Thanks Richard J!
My son and I really enjoyed the Mystery Inc show. I was sad when I finished all episodes (was it 2 seasons on netflix?). I had to check to see the bow after reading your comment. Personally I hope they don't do too many variations of main characters but rather expand more with more villains (like you mentioned). Of course they would probably have to stick in 1 or more "hero's" in each set.
So far I have all sets except for the mummy set and airplane set. I don't think I'll buy both. I would love to see Spooky Space Kook, Charlie the robot (Man from Mars), Ghost clown, Redbeard's ghost, Ghost of Captain Cutler, Beast of bottomless lake.
My son and I really enjoyed the Mystery Inc show. I was sad when I finished all episodes (was it 2 seasons on netflix?). I had to check to see the bow after reading your comment. Personally I hope they don't do too many variations of main characters but rather expand more with more villains (like you mentioned). Of course they would probably have to stick in 1 or more "hero's" in each set.
So far I have all sets except for the mummy set and airplane set. I don't think I'll buy both. I would love to see Spooky Space Kook, Charlie the robot (Man from Mars), Ghost clown, Redbeard's ghost, Ghost of Captain Cutler, Beast of bottomless lake.
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
This is great, thanks for posting. Unfortunately I was on vacation when they were released and have not been able to find them! I found the small set (Mummy) and ordered a few from LEGO.com that are back-ordered. I need my mystery machine!
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Thanks! Ebay is driving me crazy. Apparently people are intentionally mixing the heads and bodies and in the listing stating that it is from ___ set or ____ blank set. I'm not sure if they are just using other peoples photo's and haven't noticed the mistakes or if they are doing it on purpose. So many have the wrong head with the wrong body for the wrong set (I hope that makes sense.. I just made it home from work). Be careful if you order a Scooby from Ebay. I think I'm going to buy either the plane or mummy set just for Shaggy alternative head (I love the scared expression). Maybe I'll wait and order just the head from bricklink in the near future.atmail35 wrote:This is great, thanks for posting. Unfortunately I was on vacation when they were released and have not been able to find them! I found the small set (Mummy) and ordered a few from LEGO.com that are back-ordered. I need my mystery machine!
The Mystery Machine and Mansion are my favorites. The Mystery Machine is a must have I think for fans. I ordered a second one for my son and I think its finally arriving Thursday after being backordered.
-
Richard J.
- Noble Citizen

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
Yes!StClair wrote:I would love to see Spooky Space Kook,
I've been thinking of getting a second mummy set myself. I've kinda been obsessed with Egypt themed Legos lately (man I wish I had been buying the collectible minifig series from the start so I could already have the Egyptian king and queen). Let me know if you want the Shaggy or other minifigs. I'd rather they go to someone I can tell actually cares about Lego and "Scooby Doo" than some random stranger.
I love the Mystery Machine set too but the stickers on the sides are a pain! I kinda want to buy a second set just to try and redo the stickers. Mine look fine on one side but I borked it on the other side something fierce.
Re: Scooby minifigure guide for completist
My Mystery Machine finally arrived, is it wrong if I build it when my daughter is at school?

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests

