[MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

[MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Post by Mantisking » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 am

Image
Salute!, on Flickr.

I'm calling this the Swingarm Mk.5, I hope Wordman doesn't mind me using the name. The look is influenced a lot by the original. The construction is pretty different though.

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: [MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:13 am

I like the design of those hands! I wonder if it would be too flimsy to put a 1x2 jumper plate in there to give it a swivel between the hinge and 1x2 with handle (where the thumb is connected)?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: [MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Post by Mantisking » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:29 am

vynsane wrote:I like the design of those hands!
Totally not mine. I can't remember where I saw the original.
vynsane wrote:I wonder if it would be too flimsy to put a 1x2 jumper plate in there to give it a swivel between the hinge and 1x2 with handle (where the thumb is connected)?
I don't know. I'll have to give it a try.

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: [MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Post by Mantisking » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:22 am


User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: [MOC] Swingarm Mk.5 Mecha

Post by Mantisking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:28 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest