Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
-
Mantisking
- Top Forum Contributor

- Posts: 2220
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
- Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
-
Contact:
Post
by Mantisking » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 am
NIGELTTF wrote:I predict that each successive release will be more numerous, and less "hot" until lego will realize, too late, that it flooded the market. However they will have made some pretty serious coin by that point. They might cut the release freqence back to once or twice a year, and it will be a common object in the lego store as the impulse item of the twenty teens.
slacker wrote:Anyway, you can see now that series 2 is worth less than series 1 already. You can buy a box on ebay for retail. $120. Sets average about $50 for series 2. So it's already starting.
I think that the second series is more available than the first. I remember scrambling to try and find the first series, dealing with low purchase limits, and ending up with only six minifigs before the production run ran out. Looking at the posts here in the Lego Availability forum, Lego increased the production run and the distribution chain for the second series.
-
vynsane
- TnB Forum Moderator

- Posts: 3402
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
- Location: Beacon, NY
Post
by vynsane » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am
Mantisking wrote:I think that the second series is more available than the first.
I agree, only based on personal experience - I've seen them in more places than I saw series 1, though my options are greater now than they were during the first series' run, with the openings of two LEGO stores in my general vicinity and the addition of Target to those businesses carrying them.
Looking at the posts here in the Lego Availability forum, Lego increased the production run and the distribution chain for the second series.
It's been rumored that series 1 and 2 were initially made available for order at the same time. One can surmise that orders for both would have been nearly identical, leading to nearly identical production runs. It's possible that LEGO increased the production of series 2 to meet the higher demand, but I've also heard they actually reallocated product that was intended for Europe to meet demand in North America, due to the higher-than-anticipated reaction here.
-
legitimatealex
- Count

- Posts: 1636
- Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
- Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Post
by legitimatealex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 am
vynsane wrote:Mantisking wrote:I think that the second series is more available than the first.
I agree, only based on personal experience - I've seen them in more places than I saw series 1, though my options are greater now than they were during the first series' run, with the openings of two LEGO stores in my general vicinity and the addition of Target to those businesses carrying them.
All I ever found for series 1 were the empty boxes at Toys R Us. I'm going to say from personal experience as well that series 2 was definitely more available than the first series.
-
NIGELTTF
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 503
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
- Location: Baltimore, MD
Post
by NIGELTTF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:39 am
legitimatealex wrote:vynsane wrote:Mantisking wrote:I think that the second series is more available than the first.
I agree, only based on personal experience - I've seen them in more places than I saw series 1, though my options are greater now than they were during the first series' run, with the openings of two LEGO stores in my general vicinity and the addition of Target to those businesses carrying them.
All I ever found for series 1 were the empty boxes at Toys R Us. I'm going to say from personal experience as well that series 2 was definitely more available than the first series.
Of course TRU going from 2.49 to 2.99 for the same product that available for 1.99 at Target and Lego.com might help
-
Mantisking
- Top Forum Contributor

- Posts: 2220
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
- Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
-
Contact:
Post
by Mantisking » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:45 am
NIGELTTF wrote:Of course TRU going from 2.49 to 2.99 for the same product that available for 1.99 at Target and Lego.com might help
It could be worse, Newbury Comics sells them at $4.99.
-
NIGELTTF
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 503
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
- Location: Baltimore, MD
Post
by NIGELTTF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm
Mantisking wrote:NIGELTTF wrote:Of course TRU going from 2.49 to 2.99 for the same product that available for 1.99 at Target and Lego.com might help
It could be worse, Newbury Comics sells them at $4.99.
Well, it will put off the date when they will be unavailable in stores

-
vynsane
- TnB Forum Moderator

- Posts: 3402
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
- Location: Beacon, NY
Post
by vynsane » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:31 pm
NIGELTTF wrote:Of course TRU going from 2.49 to 2.99 for the same product that available for 1.99 at Target and Lego.com might help
TRU had them for MSRP originally, and increased them double-fold. I got mine at $1.79 each, since I had a $10 off $50 or more coupon. :P
Mantisking wrote:It could be worse, Newbury Comics sells them at $4.99.
Everything at Newbury Comics is overpriced.
-
Mantisking
- Top Forum Contributor

- Posts: 2220
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
- Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
-
Contact:
Post
by Mantisking » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 pm
Mantisking wrote:It could be worse, Newbury Comics sells them at $4.99.
vynsane wrote:Everything at Newbury Comics is overpriced.
I don't agree with that. Some of their used items can be fairly cheap and non-back issue comic books are normally priced.
-
vynsane
- TnB Forum Moderator

- Posts: 3402
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
- Location: Beacon, NY
Post
by vynsane » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:17 pm
Mantisking wrote:Mantisking wrote:It could be worse, Newbury Comics sells them at $4.99.
vynsane wrote:Everything at Newbury Comics is overpriced.
I don't agree with that. Some of their used items can be fairly cheap and non-back issue comic books are normally priced.
I mainly meant in terms of toys. The problem is that all toys get to comic book stores via Diamond Distributors, who takes their cut of the orders, already increasing the price of any non-comic items.
-
BobaFett2
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 569
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm
-
Contact:
Post
by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:46 pm
They're both pretty nice. I can't say what's the most popular for series one, but series two has had a super popular Spartan. It's pretty nice in my opinion, but not worth the price. The Pharaoh is also popular, and the ones I want are the Pharaoh and the Vampire.
-
BrickWild
- Honored Citizen

- Posts: 190
- Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 2:08 am
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
-
Contact:
Post
by BrickWild » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:33 am
Bought my first Series 2 Minifigure from Toys "R" Us today, which is the Karate Master!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests