TRU outlet stores?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Chicago

TRU outlet stores?

Post by simplylemonade » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Has anyone been to a TRU outlet store? Do they have deeply discounted LEGO? I'm just curious as theres one a couple hours drive away and am contemplating a potential visit. thanks!

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Baltimore,Md

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by emazers » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm

They are as high a the Regular Toys R US

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:12 am
Location: Illinois

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by melsig » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 pm

simplylemonade wrote:Has anyone been to a TRU outlet store? Do they have deeply discounted LEGO? I'm just curious as theres one a couple hours drive away and am contemplating a potential visit. thanks!
Do you mean the one at Gurnee Mills? The prices are the same as a regular TRU...but I found a Ninjago Lightning Dragon there at the end of February this year, long after they'd disappeared from the regular TRUs. They even honored the BOGO50 that was going on in the regular stores - the manager called the local TRU for details and then gave the discount to me. It was my only visit there, but it was well worth it, as I had completely missed getting the set for my son last year!

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:12 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by bea » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm

There used to be a TRU outlet near me. I don't recall ever seeing any Lego there and it always seemed poorly stocked in general. It since converted to a "regular" store.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Chicago

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by simplylemonade » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for your replies! Yes, I was wondering about going to the Gurnee Mills location. Looks like it's not worth the drive, can probably better invest the time visiting local Targets and Walmarts for the post-Christmas sales :D

spacefan6901
I'm New !
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 pm
Location: USA

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by spacefan6901 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:40 pm

emazers wrote:They are as high a the Regular Toys R US
We had a "pop-up" (temporary) TRU Express last year in the largest mall in my area, and the prices were WAY HIGHER than the regular TRU 1/2 mile down the road.

Then again, the regular TRU markups have varied up to insane levels at times this year, so in comparison maybe they are the same this year.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 am
Location: California

Re: TRU outlet stores?

Post by zak001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:03 pm

From what I saw during my one stop, the pop-up TRU Express "outlets" are even more absurdly overpriced than the regular TRU locations. They had Ninjago spinners for I think $22.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests