Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
-
lego the hutt
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 605
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 am
- Location: oregon
Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
I posted a couple questions about these figs a couple days ago in the elrond exclusive thread, but they went unanswered. I feel like this deserves it's own thread since no one seems to be mentioning the gandalf the white fig even though the info came out about it almost 2 weeks ago.
There has been talk of both of these figs being exclusives from different places. It seems the general consensus I have read from a couple sources is that one will be from amazon and the other from gamestop. Still no word if the amazon one is euro only from what I've seen.
I also wanted to ask if anyone has any experience buying games for the figs and then returning them unopened? Does this work? Maybe it works better at some stores than others? Any info on this would be appreciated.
Here is a couple sources with info. The gandalf the white info is not as official as the elrond fig is so maybe it is just hearsay, but multiple sources seem to be mentioning it..
http://buriedinbricks.blogspot.com/2012 ... nuses.html
http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/07/g ... exclusive/
There has been talk of both of these figs being exclusives from different places. It seems the general consensus I have read from a couple sources is that one will be from amazon and the other from gamestop. Still no word if the amazon one is euro only from what I've seen.
I also wanted to ask if anyone has any experience buying games for the figs and then returning them unopened? Does this work? Maybe it works better at some stores than others? Any info on this would be appreciated.
Here is a couple sources with info. The gandalf the white info is not as official as the elrond fig is so maybe it is just hearsay, but multiple sources seem to be mentioning it..
http://buriedinbricks.blogspot.com/2012 ... nuses.html
http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/07/g ... exclusive/
- Brickbuilder0937
- TnB Forum Moderator

- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
- Location: Colorado, USA
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
I hope this is not just a rumor, if the Gandalf figure has a new molded staff I would get that rather than the Elrond fig.
-
lego the hutt
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 605
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 am
- Location: oregon
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
I'm not so sure. A new staff might make me agree with you. As for now I think I'd rather have the new elrond than the exact same gandalf we already have if it is just white instead of grey. I'm not a big fan of elronds "ninjago" type weapon, but his printing does look very nice.Brickbuilder0937 wrote:I hope this is not just a rumor, if the Gandalf figure has a new molded staff I would get that rather than the Elrond fig.
I'm interested in both figs. Which is where the question about buying games for the figs and then returning them unopened comes from. Sounds nice in theory but...might turn into a hassle.
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
that is not a molded staff.Brickbuilder0937 wrote:I hope this is not just a rumor, if the Gandalf figure has a new molded staff I would get that rather than the Elrond fig.
just a diamond in a stud inside of a goblet on a staff
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!
- Brickbuilder0937
- TnB Forum Moderator

- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm
- Location: Colorado, USA
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
That's a screenshot of Gandalf the grey in the upcoming video game, the Gandalf the white minifig is just a rumor so far and no pictures have been found yet.ncbarrett wrote: that is not a molded staff.
just a diamond in a stud inside of a goblet on a staff
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
I don't see how a Gandalf the White figure makes sense as an exclusive. He spends more screen time as Gandalf the White and is in some pretty critical scenes while Elrond looks like his exclusive in the prologue and a brief flashback (maybe 5 minutes of total screen time, if that) so it makes sense for that to be an exclusive. Then again, I don't think battle armor Lex makes sense as an exclusive so I could be way off base.
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
In the US, Gamestop has started the preorder bonus for the Elrond minifig today! It appears to be as a preorder bonus for all formats ( PS3, XBOX 360, DS, 3DS, Vita, Wii and PC) of Lego Lord of the Rings. :)
Also, it appears only be exclusive to the Gamestop stores.
Also, it appears only be exclusive to the Gamestop stores.
-
SpaceNinjaDino
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 582
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:28 pm
Re: Elrond and Gandalf the white minifig?
Amazon has $10 preorder credit for the LEGO Lord of the Rings (all platforms). No sign of a fig though.
I guess I'll be making a preorder at Gamestop soon.
It would be really sad if Gandalf the White was an exclusive. I know they will be switching over to the Hobbit sets, but I hope they release some more trilogy sets afterwards. I mean, they also need Sauroman and his tower. A great set would be Sauroman in his tower, treebeard, and Gandalf the white and company from the Sauroman's death extended scene.
I guess I'll be making a preorder at Gamestop soon.
It would be really sad if Gandalf the White was an exclusive. I know they will be switching over to the Hobbit sets, but I hope they release some more trilogy sets afterwards. I mean, they also need Sauroman and his tower. A great set would be Sauroman in his tower, treebeard, and Gandalf the white and company from the Sauroman's death extended scene.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

