Writing my own lego book
Writing my own lego book
I am trying to write my own lego book. But ever time I try and take my own photos of my lego kits the photo turns out blurry. Can anybody help me out?
- SpaceViking
- Royal Guardian

- Posts: 617
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:49 am
Re: Writing my own lego book
The results (and recommendations) depend a lot on the camera you have. You dont need a fancy one to get good results, but you will have to learn how to control the camera settings to get the results you want.
If you are taking pictures up close and the images are coming up blurry, look for a 'macro' lens setting. On my point-and-shoot camera, this is a little flower. This forces the auto-focuser to stay in the near field, and changes the field of view of the digitizer.
Your best bet is to hunt around the web for tips and tutorials. Proper lighting is usually the first step to solving alot of problems. Here's a simple setup: http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/11/lego ... light-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is another on post-processing, but with good tips about the setup.
http://www.baylug.org/ninja/original/Photography.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And, another, describing what the 'macro' mode is and how the results improve when you use 'photo tent'.
http://805creative.com/blog/macro-photo ... nners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can make one yourself with an old cardboard box and some white (printer) paper. [I cant find the link describing how at the moment, but I'll post it when I do.]
HTH
If you are taking pictures up close and the images are coming up blurry, look for a 'macro' lens setting. On my point-and-shoot camera, this is a little flower. This forces the auto-focuser to stay in the near field, and changes the field of view of the digitizer.
Your best bet is to hunt around the web for tips and tutorials. Proper lighting is usually the first step to solving alot of problems. Here's a simple setup: http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/11/lego ... light-box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is another on post-processing, but with good tips about the setup.
http://www.baylug.org/ninja/original/Photography.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And, another, describing what the 'macro' mode is and how the results improve when you use 'photo tent'.
http://805creative.com/blog/macro-photo ... nners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can make one yourself with an old cardboard box and some white (printer) paper. [I cant find the link describing how at the moment, but I'll post it when I do.]
HTH
- lordharrier
- Honored Citizen

- Posts: 100
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:53 am
- Location: Kearny, NJ
Re: Writing my own lego book
I made my Lightbox using these instructions http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/ho ... tudio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Writing my own lego book
I want to use large gray lego platforms for most of my photos. Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to put this website in my book when I get to that chapter. I also enjoy making lego stop motion animation. How about you guys?
Thanks again.
Thanks again.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests