Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Post Reply
User avatar
UnknownUser
Knight
Knight
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:16 pm
Location: US of A (CA)

Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:08 pm

According to this australian toy website it lists Lego 8838 Series 8 with a release date of 9/14. But do note that this is in australia, so it could be slightly earlier for the rest of the world. Price is listed as AUD$4.99 so it looks like the price is still $2.99...


:what?:

User avatar
wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Contact:

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by wegj » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:44 pm

They should make a mini, of a mini figure collector, that would be meta. Or they could
Just make a hobo, because that's what I will be if they keep pumping these out.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com – Custom Models + Minifigs
Image

User avatar
sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 pm
Location: USA - Ohio

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by sweener » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 am

wegj wrote:They should make a mini, of a mini figure collector, that would be meta. Or they could
Just make a hobo, because that's what I will be if they keep pumping these out.
:lol: :clap:

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:50 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by harry99 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:27 am

I really don't know why they pump out so many series of them - we're at 6 right now - why have 3 different series a year?!?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

User avatar
legohunter
Count
Count
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Canada

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by legohunter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 am

harry99 wrote:I really don't know why they pump out so many series of them - we're at 6 right now - why have 3 different series a year?!?
Yes, it would be a better idea if TLG could slow down.

funkmiester2
I'm New !
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am
Location: Cleveland

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by funkmiester2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 am

I don't mind the three series a year, but I don't like that they are coming out with regular sets that are repeating some of the figures i.e. Lego Monsters, which as far as I can tell has the Frankenstein monster, mad scientist, vampire, mummy, and witch from the minifigure series. I think it's lousy of them to be destroying the collectability of their own toys by doing that. :down:

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:42 am

funkmiester2 wrote:I don't mind the three series a year, but I don't like that they are coming out with regular sets that are repeating some of the figures i.e. Lego Monsters, which as far as I can tell has the Frankenstein monster, mad scientist, vampire, mummy, and witch from the minifigure series. I think it's lousy of them to be destroying the collectability of their own toys by doing that. :down:
To be too hard on them yet, I think it is possible the monster hunters pics are not actual sets, only prelim with CMF figs as place holders.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:50 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by harry99 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:58 am

ncbarrett wrote:
funkmiester2 wrote:I don't mind the three series a year, but I don't like that they are coming out with regular sets that are repeating some of the figures i.e. Lego Monsters, which as far as I can tell has the Frankenstein monster, mad scientist, vampire, mummy, and witch from the minifigure series. I think it's lousy of them to be destroying the collectability of their own toys by doing that. :down:
To be too hard on them yet, I think it is possible the monster hunters pics are not actual sets, only prelim with CMF figs as place holders.
There will probably be variations - I don't think they will be 1:1 - probably some details will be different (very easy for them to do). It's hard to imagine that they put the exact ones into future sets.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 am

I imagine they will keep up the pace so long as the each series sells out before it can be clearanced out or put on sale through their own website. I like the variety and being interested in collecting year round so I don't mind three series in a year. I just wish I would see them in stores long enough for them to be on sale!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Rockland, NY

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by slacker » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 am

3 series a year wouldn't be so bad if they were $1.99 a piece.

I believe that lego made way too many for series 3,4 and 5. Plenty around for Bogo50. TRU still has series 4 and 5.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by Blacknight » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Getting sick of these to be honest. Especially the second grade Chinese plastic they use to make 'em.

User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

slacker wrote:3 series a year wouldn't be so bad if they were $1.99 a piece.

I believe that lego made way too many for series 3,4 and 5. Plenty around for Bogo50. TRU still has series 4 and 5.
I suppose it boils down to the supply and demand and if I ever get the drop on the ebay scalper that lives in my area I would see them on sale once in a while lol!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego 8833 CMF Series 8

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm

If you are getting sick of them then don't buy them, it's that simple.

How many a year do you think is good? I think one series every 4 months is perfect. Now they just need to stop having a skater or snow boarder and have another skier or cheerleader beign most of us never got those.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests