LEGO 40020 Halloween & 40021 Spider Sets

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Post Reply
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

LEGO 40020 Halloween & 40021 Spider Sets

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:06 am

LostInTranslation from Brickset has found the two LEGO Halloween sets at LEGOLAND Billund, Denmark. There will be 2 mini promotional Halloween LEGO sets released for 2011 this year. One of them is LEGO 40020 (shown below) which comes with a ghost, bat and a pumpkin. The other one is LEGO 40021 which comes with 2 spiders. These 2011 Halloween promotional sets should be available at LEGO Brand Stores and Shop at Home very soon.

LEGO 40020 Halloween Set (71 pieces)



Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-40020-hallo ... ider-sets/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

User avatar
anthonyj8
Knight
Knight
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: LEGO 40020 Halloween & 40021 Spider Sets

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Meh. :-| Looks like another typical Halloween set to me. Although I do like how they put more than one creature in one set. I wonder what it will cost. I'm guessing USD$9.99.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: LEGO 40020 Halloween & 40021 Spider Sets

Post by unclephn » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:59 pm

anthonyj8 wrote:I wonder what it will cost. I'm guessing USD$9.99.
That sounds about right. If I remember correctly, that's how much the Apple (also featured in the October LEGO calendar) retails for as well.

User avatar
atmail35
Duke
Duke
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: LEGO 40020 Halloween & 40021 Spider Sets

Post by atmail35 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 pm

I think LEGO could have improved the Halloween sets over last year. Last year they were also 1-dimensional/flat pieces vs a more 3-D model (i.e. what about a pumpkin that was like the apple and a sphere shape?). IIRC last year they were $2.99 each? So $9.99 for the 3 seems right.

The October calendar says "Visit the LEGO Store to get these new sets" with the date of October 26/27, but they must be coming out before then right?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests