Borders Spamming Email

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Borders Spamming Email

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 am

I can't go a single day without getting at least two emails from them offering me worthless coupons that I can't use because all my stores are closing down. Is anyone else getting hit with a ridiculous amount of email from them?

To make a comparison, Barnes and Noble sends me maybe an email a week.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Borders Spamming Email

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

legitimatealex wrote:I can't go a single day without getting at least two emails from them offering me worthless coupons that I can't use because all my stores are closing down.
Unsubscribe?

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Re: Borders Spamming Email

Post by Zeya » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 am

Yeah I get at least one email a day from Borders. The one thing I haven't figured out is their "overwhelming offers" thing. It's like some sort of woot.com / groupon clone. I tried to obtain one of the deals once and it involved something like points or I wasn't early enough... I just gave up and figured it was something silly and not worth it. I'll assume it's not worth it until I hear otherwise.

Just unsubscribe I guess. I've pretty much written off Borders at this point. If TNB makes a front page post about a sweet deal, that's the only way I'll pay them any mind.

User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: Borders Spamming Email

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 pm

GuaranteedUnity wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:I can't go a single day without getting at least two emails from them offering me worthless coupons that I can't use because all my stores are closing down.
Unsubscribe?
It should really be that simple right? But they sent me an email about the a sale of something that I actually wanted at my closing store and I keep monitoring them now but they're putting out more offers than groupon does in a century.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests