Target raises most lego prices

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
aaronptrck
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:44 am

Target raises most lego prices

Post by aaronptrck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Hello from the Walnut Creek, CA Target. When I reached the Lego aisle I was surprised to see thu have raised the price on most of their sets. Here's some of those prices:

Hogwarts express. 95.99
Hagrids hut. 47.99
Police station. 119.99
Airport. 119.99
Pyramid 119.99
Robot. 20.39
Harry potter castle. 155.99
Burrow. 71.99
Dobby. 13.19
Airplane. 47.99

Anyone else notice this at theirs?

Well for simple I won't be buying from Target anymore. :(

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by super12 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:26 pm

WTF... so now it is TRU price?!?!?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by natelite » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:37 pm

most likely tlc is going to raise us prices soon. get the sets you want quickly. that's what happens when the feds print money like there's no tomorrow. the middle east chaos is also not helping the oil prices.

Luciant
Count
Count
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Pensacola, FL

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by Luciant » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Eh... Target.com prices are still MSRP. I wouldn't go ringing any alarm bells, but definitely raise a cautionary flag...

Target has weird pricing, so it could be possible they just know they can * your area for extra cash if you have a heavy Lego consumption area with 'middle to upper class income'.... Target isn't above that as we've seen with their inconsistent clearance and sales prices.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:06 am
Location: NY, NY

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by brixter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:55 pm

I was just at Target in Stroudsburg, PA. I did not notice a price increase. For instance, the Ninjago Dojo was still $40 (20% below MSRP), the Creator log cabin was $30 (MSRP), and a surprise was Cad Bane's Speeder on sale for $45 (10% below MSRP). It would be truly sad if they go the way of TRU.

eriochrome
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by eriochrome » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Might be trying to gouge you. Back when I lived in Walnut Creek, there was a Tiffanys and Ruth Chris Steak House within walking distance from the target so it not a low cost area.

super12
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by super12 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 pm

went to two targets just now... price are same as usual... with a boatload of 5974 back at 100 bucks.. wonder what they are going to do with those... obviously their monthly long 30% didnt work

aaronptrck
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:44 am

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by aaronptrck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Interesting... Could be that things are just more expensive in California (especially walnut creek as I'm sure erichrome could relate to).

Western train chase, garbage compactor, log cabin, creator helicopter were all at their normal MSRP. I'll check back at my Target in a couple weeks.... Hopefully their prices will return to what they should be.

And I love when target has sets on 'sale' that are priced above MSRP... Ex. City Fire rescue vehicle for $10.40

eriochrome
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by eriochrome » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Maybe they just want to be able to put a price cut sticker on them next month when they put them back at MSRP.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Rockland, NY

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by slacker » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

It might be Lego's new price. I've been told by our mold shop that their resin supplier just increased their price by 30%. :o

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 am

slacker wrote:It might be Lego's new price. I've been told by our mold shop that their resin supplier just increased their price by 30%. :o
WOW. better buy your sets now, before they go up.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

stoneboys
I'm New !
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 am

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by stoneboys » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

I havent been to my closest target in AGES! so i dont know if the prices have changed but if they have than thats baaad.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm

I think it's just that different Target's have different prices. Your's just has insane prices.

User avatar
legitimatealex
Count
Count
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:48 pm
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Most definitely is not the same way in my area.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

meyerc13
Knight
Knight
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: Appleton, WI

Re: Target raises most lego prices

Post by meyerc13 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:02 am

A couple of years ago Target did the same thing when GI Joe figures were selling quickly. Some Targets raised their price from the $6-7 range to the $9-10 range. It wasn't universal however. I think they have some way to target popular items in areas with high discretionary income for these price changes.

The best thing you can do is not pay these prices and shop elsewhere instead. If enough people stop buying at the inflated prices you'll find that the prices will come back down.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests