Indexed
7977 Seabed Strider
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Set Details:
(Atlantis) Released 2011
105 Pieces with 2 Minifigs
Retail Price: $9.99 USD
Price Per Piece: $0.10
Brickset Description:
Defeat the evil Hammerhead Guardian to claim the treasure!
Walking through the ruins of the lost city of Atlantis on his powerful Seabed Strider, valiant diver Axel Storm discovers the precious golden shield. He transforms his craft into a sleek submarine to return the treasure to the surface, but can he first defeat the trident-carrying Hammerhead Guardian? Includes 2 minifigures: Hammerhead Guardian and diver with swim fins, scuba helmet and tank 2 in 1 build: Seabed Strider transforms into sleek submarine! Sieze the treasure with the Seabed Strider's grabbers! Features sea snake, harpoon, trident, treasure and rare gold elements Spin the turbines! Grab treasure with Seabed Strider claws! Seabed Strider measures 3' (7cm) tall
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Background
So after falling in love with this theme, I decided to pick this set up as well. I couldn't resist all the sales that were going on during Christmas, and after. If I can get 25% off or more, I usually buy it to lock in that great price.
Box isn't anything special. Nice graphics, at least they kept it nice and small with the relative size of the set. They do include directions on how to rotate this set, since it can 'transform'.
Minifigs
As you can see they've changed the colors for the Atlantis side from green to yellow. I liked the green better myself, but oh well. I do like the new hammerhead looking baddie. He comes with his usual trident.
Instruction
This set comes with one small booklet. It is very quick and simple to run through for this set.
Parts/Stickers
Unfortunately this theme seems to be sticker happy, and almost every set I've seen has stickers in them :o At least they do keep them to a minimum (on most sets), so I can forgive for that. There is a small column, so at least we'll get some 'Greco' style column pieces.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Construction
No numbered bags, so we just have to open them all, and dig in. Only 100 or so pieces though.
Here is the Greco columns I was talking about. Random for this set, but I'll take it!
Here is the base of Strider. I would hate to drive these things, no seat just handle-bars.
Attaching the propellers and the 'hip joints' of the semi-robot.
Here are some shots of what the legs of the strider look like. Front and back, before and after we attached them.
Now we add the front 'arms' that will hold the gems that we find at the bottom of the ocean.
Now we have the set totally complete. I also showed pictures of what it looks like in different forms of it's transformation from robot to glide mode.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Summary
Building: 4 / 5
Appearance: 5 / 5
Pieces: 4 / 5
Value: 5 / 5
Playability: 5 / 5
Overall: 4.6 / 5
Building:
This set is very fun and easy to build. Lego incorporates a nice way to have multiple ways of playing with this set or using it for other ways.
Appearance:
This is a great looking set. While I'm usually against stickers, this sets bring out the Strider even more. I love the Greco columns (I've mentioned them enough right?), the new look of the shark-men, and the strider.
Pieces:
The pieces in this set are very cleverly used. It has some great pieces that I would use for MOCs. In my opinion it even gives 'extra' pieces in that some pieces weren't really needed.
Value:
This set really has a PPP of $.095, so if you get it on any discount, the PPP becomes in the "excellent" range. While you know that I always say to buy a set with a discount unless it's about to be discontinued, I think I would be willing to pay full MSRP for this set and be happy about it. This set has great value by itself or with the rest of the Atlantis collection.
Playability:
This set comes with a good guy, a bad guy, and an AWESOME vehicle. How could you go wrong? This set works well with the rest of the Atlantis collection, or by itself. The fact it can transform adds hours of playability and options.
Overall:
This set is awesome. It brings the Atlantis set out swinging for 2011, and is an excellent, recommended purchase! For only $10 bucks, you can't go wrong. You can't go wrong.
[Review] 7977 Seabed Strider (Atlantis)
[Review] 7977 Seabed Strider (Atlantis)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
